*dashes in and rubs hands* Aye! Sorry in advance for cases of extreme craziness... *g*
1. A bigwig of the Admiralty is going to visit Port Royal. And he heard that there were complaints about pirate attacks recently. And Fort Charles' jail is currently empty, oh no! (hint: Lieutenant Groves looks fine in pirate garb, and didn't he always want to be one...?)
2. It was a really hard day, with all that complaining merchants and swindling ship chandlers and... and now it's evening and young Elizabeth wants to practice minuet! Aargh...
3. Who could know that the ship cat is pregnant? Four kittens?! In the best Commodorial wig???!!!
4. Ah, it's good to have Sparrow in the Dauntless' brig, finally. He'll swing in four days, a short trip to Port Royal. Grr, why the wind is so lazy. Damn, who would think that he can be so much a pain in the neck, even in a brig!
2011-08-30 03:35 am (UTC)
Prompt: Pirate Attack!
*stops doing mr burns impression*
1) Commodore Norrington has received mail from home that has him moping and quietly withdrawn. Gillette decides to bring him out of his brown study - it's up to the author to decide how filthily or innocently he does so ;-)
2) Norrington finds himself at the mercy of the Black Pearl's Captain.
3) James surprises Gillette with time alone together, taking leave for the first time in years. Where do they go, what do they get up to, and are they found out by a certain disreputable pirate?
Seconded. This is a brilliant idea. Looking forward to the fic influx!
1) I want James/Will. On the Dutchman post AWE, or on the Moon in a modern day AU for all I care, but if I don't get any new Willigton soon, I'll will be forced to write it myself.
2) A CotPB AU were James and Lizz actually get married (and it turns out that it's not the end of the world) also never can go amiss.
3) While I like me some romantic Sparrington, I'm also quite into fic that has a more antagonistic lookout on the relationship of those two Captains.
Oh, I like #2!
May even write it myself. :)
Edited at 2011-08-29 09:58 pm (UTC)
1. No wind. No Jack. Irritated Commodore.
2. Wigs. Manacles. Rum. Blindfolds.
3. Piano, Scarlatti, thunderstorm.
1. Norrington and Anamaria. I don't care if it's romantic or they're two-thirds of Ye Olde Three Stooges; I just like to watch them interact. Bonus points if she's not pissed off at him. :-P
2. Something elegant with the Commodore - I dunno, featuring some random items used together well. Here you go: lace, ballroom, fan, and champagne.
3. A humorous account of James's time aboard the Pearl in DMC. (The man surely has some snarky observations/ thoughts about how Jack runs a ship ... or doesn't ... after all.)
I so want to see a version of number 1 where she's deeply pissed at Jack and sweet as pie to James, lolz ;-P
1. Capt. James Norrington, just before CotBP, is after some rum smugglers; Anamaria and her boat the Jollymon is one of those smugglers. Tell me a story of how she avoids capture and keeps to her scheduled delivery.
2. Estrella, Elizabeth's lady's maid, is deeply in love with Norrington. Norrington doesn't even knows she exists. Give me something bittersweet.
I love you for both of these. I am *so* Estrella
1. Pre-CotBP. Midshipmen Groves and Gillette dare Midshipman Norrington with something they think he'd never, ever do. What they didn't count on or expect was that Norrington would actually do it.
2. James Norrington receives an anonymous love letter. Does he find out who sent it or is he left to wonder?
3. Someone (Beckett, perhaps?) is hosting a party in honor of All Hallow's Eve/Halloween. James and someone else take advantage of being able to hide behind a mask to throw their inhibitions to the wind and make some mischief of their own. Can be PG-13 or NC-17, but smut is preferred. ;) Bonus points if you include someone else at the party getting so drunk they think the house is haunted.
(Best bloody idea ever!)
1) James' best friend and secret confidant is a kitten. I want it angsty and if possible slashy (with character of your choice).
2) James/Teddy post DMC. James just wanted his old life back, but the uniforms are symbols of his slavery, the rum never lets him go, and Andrew is still dead.
3) James-Elizabeth at a ball they both loathe, they are friends only, but feigning interest in each other to keep others away, bc James is gay and Elizabeth doesn't want to be a prizewinning cow on a kettle market for women (I want DMC-style James snark)
PROMPT: 'Best Pirate I've Ever Seen'
Norrington reflects on his subject-to-change opinion of Jack Sparrow.
James Norrington and...a baby...
1.) There's been a recent influx of new crew members aboard the Dauntless, so James decides to lead the crew in some "team-building exercises". Interpret that in any way you wish. ;)
2.) I thought the PotC story line in Kingdom Hearts II was alright, but I was disappointed at the lack of Navyboys. Sora interacting with James, Gillette, and Groves--possibly with James and Gillette trying to convince Sora that pirates really aren't all that great--would be nice.
#1 - HAHA, oh man, best prompt ever. I hope it gets filled by some wiseass with a dry sense of humor. :-D
1. The first time James met Groves and/or Gillette. Were they friends at first sight? Did they rub each other the wrong way at first? Inquiring minds want to know.
2. James needs a favor from Jack. Jack's help comes with a price.
3. A young James Norrington crosses swords with a pirate for the first time. Give me some action, adventure, and swashbuckling here.
#2 - Seconded! I want it, too! The first one also looks promising.
Hey, this is cool! (One suggestion: Announce at some or all of the Norrington comms?)
1. Sparrington, post OST. (Because, you know, a little hand-wavey around certain events and OST is the perfect sequel to CotBP. AWE and DMC never happened!)
2. Sparrington, with a pineapple. Or several.
3. James's first time ever on a ship. When would that have been, and why? What did he think and how did he feel about it?
One suggestion: Announce at some or all of the Norrington comms?
If you know of any or are a member at any where an announcement hasn't already been made, feel free to spread the news!
I can't write, but I'm inspired to illustrate - would that be alright?
1. Norrington is the best swordsman in Jamacia, he was the one who taught Will Turner all his fancy moves. I want Norrington and Will to have buddy/buddy fencing practice time.
2. I always thought in CotBP when Norrington and Jack come face to face with the "well, well, well, Captain Jack Sparrow" it sounded like they'd already met and knew each other. Elaborate on Midshipman Norrington's first encounter with the notorious pirate? Slashy perhaps?
3. Norrington is on a ship full of Llamas.
ART IS AWESOME. (I should've put that in the original post, but I forgot it. Dang!)
2011-09-06 12:00 am (UTC)
Can someone write about JN as a father? Please, pelase, please! I always imagined JN as a father of a beautiful little girl who looks just like him - green eyes, wavey chesnut hair, slightley freckled nose. So,please, someone write a fic but not A/U. make it post-AWE, some years post-AWE. Bring him back in a plausible way with a baby girl. Up to you who`s the mommy and why she isn`t there. Make him join Jack`s crew on BP because I want to see how it would be like if a man like JN had to raise a little girl on a pirate ship with pirates. Plus I love Scruffy version the most. I think that would be interesting and challenging. And her character will be shaped by all those different influences and genes and whatever. Just one request. Have Jack call her Freckles. I just think that JN having a little girl nick-named Freckles is perfect and that`s so in Jack character to miff Norrington by refusing to call his mini-Me by the name he gave her. No slash. I never bought the attraction thing between them but build up to a great friendship albeit reluctant is what they could have had in the movies but,alas....
Anyway, sorry for the long post.
After watching James die in AWE, Elizabeth realizes just how much he really meant to her. She starts thinking about what might have been and, not knowing that one of the random bits of junk in her pocket is a magic artifact waiting for just such an opportunity, wishes that she could go back and change things. There is a flash of light and she finds herself back on the Dauntless during its crossing from England, making it so that this time around there are two passengers named Elizabeth, the original pirate-obsessed 12 year old Miss Swann and the older and wiser "Widow Turner" who is looking to push history in a new direction. Young Lt. Norrington isn't going to know what hit him.
It would be interesting to read a crossover fic in which Commodore Norrington somehow meets Major Duncan Heyward (as potrayed in The Last of the Mohicans, 1992). Non-slash.